Driveways jet washer safety precautions could save you from hurting somebody or getting a shock yourself. Remember Safety first!
Please note: the following should be read together with the safety instructions accompanying your chosen jet washer. Read these carefully!
Please also read this for driveway cleaning tips
Driveways Jet Washer Safety-precautions
Use a residual current device (RCD) or earth marking device that will interrupt electrical supply in an emergency.
Driveways Jet Washer Safety – Electrical
- Check connection lines – Never use a defective connection
- Take care around connection line – Do not roll jet washer over it or pull it
- Never touch mains plug and socket with wet hands
- Ensure connection between extension lead and connection do not sit in water
- Be aware of where water is running to so you can move extension lead as and when necessary
Driveways Jet Washer Safety – General
- Do not turn on jet washer if any components are damaged I.E. hoses, spray jet
- Do not let children use jet washers
- Wear suitable clothing – Welly boots and protective glasses
- Be aware of people around you – especially young children
- Never direct the jet wash gun at other people, animals, electrical equipment or the jet washer itself
- Do not clean boots or clothing (you are wearing) with jet washer
- Keep a minimum distance of 30cm from driveway surface
- Do not use for prolonged periods otherwise you may experience circulatory problems in your hands due to vibrations
- Release the trigger to the jet wash gun to immediately stop the water
- Be cautious around door ways
- Only use low pressure on concrete surfaces
*Connection lines are the lines connecting jet washer gun to jet washer
To repeat – Ensure you read the safety precautions supplied with your jet washer!
Other than that – get out your gun and have some fun!